Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Where are we?

Today has been a bit slow overall but wonderful as far as content is concerned! We have approximately 5-6 hours in video footage. We are currently in Clarksville Indiana at their local KOA breaking the footage down and preparing it for final edit.

Today we had the overwhelming privilege of interviewing Chuck Lawless who is the current Dean of the Billy Graham School of Evangelism located at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville Kentucky. You should have seen us, we practically rearranged his whole office and had it set up and ready for interview in about 20 minutes. wait until you hear what we learned from him. He was remarkable with quick insight on personal evangelism which I feel was tops. He was not only insightful but displayed a very personable characteristic. In fact, if I lived near this city I would love to spend some more time with him. He had actually read the blog prior to us coming, (so Dr. Lawless if you are reading this again know we greatly appreciate your time and wisdom.)

Alright fellowship, we are headed to Indianapolis tomorrow. We will hang out downtown and do some street evangelism and take some more footage. So pray for more souls to come to Christ.

This is just for free: You should see your staff at work! It is amazing how God has gifted all of us to accomplish the precise roles needed for this tour. You have Jeff, the master administrator. As soon as we hit a spot to interview someone he introduces the crew (us) and then gives an overview of what's going on at Ewing Road. The rest of us rush to put everything together. Once it is all put together, you have RJ (who I have started calling Roger, for no apparent reason) and he is behind the camera. He is so gifted! he knows just where the lights should be and how to get the best angle for the interviews. You have DJ Jack B. running all the video equipment, editing, creating, and keeping stuff looking like we know what we are doing. Then you have Eric. eric has been helping with the sound for the video feed and adding great value to the project with his ability to take photos. I am going to try and upload a few of those for you to view tonight. then you have me, I am basically along for the ride. I have kind of taking the lead on being the interviewer...which I actually like. Good news...you shouldn't hear me or see me during the interviews. I know ya'll see and and hear enough...

Pray for us and leave a comment for crying out loud...let me know you are checking us out.

Levi

8 comments:

sharron skipper said...

Hey guys! How cool is it that we get to experience the "Send Me" tour right along with you without actually having to share "space" with you in an RV, twenty-four seven, for two weeks ... with one guy who just literally came off his honeymoon ... one who is a germaphobia ... and who knows what else ... We are praying that God will work through you as you share Christ each day and as you prepare to lead us in this incredible "Send Me" ministry.

Remember,be nice.
Love,Mom

christa said...

I'm really excited about what you are already doing and what you are going to do this week! The kids pray for you every day- that daddy will tell people about Jesus. I wish we could just pile in and come along (I know you don't wish that...three kids and a pregnant wife...ha!) I can't wait to see what God has in store for you tomorrow! I love you - C

MeganElise said...

I'm so excited for this awsome opportunity God has given my staff and my church family. I'm praying for you guys everyday and I'm trusting that my sovereign King has gone ahead and prepared many hearts to receive the gospel. Keep us updated! I love you all.
-Megan

Chris said...

Yeah, we're checking in on you. We are proud of all of you guys and what you are doing.
I especially proud of you Levi. I know it takes a lot to share that tiny space with those other smelly nasty guys.

Keep up the good work.

Tony Ashcraft said...

Morning guys,

I am so glad that everything is going well as we prayed it would. It is so exiting to read about all the people God is placing in your path and I trust that Gods work could not be in better hands. You guys all work so hard doing Gods work its inspiring to watch. Thanks for all you do for God and for our church. We will keep praying for you all everyday and trust that God will kepp you safe..

Love you all,

Tony Ashcraft

Candice White said...

Hey!! I have been reading what you have been writing and it sounds incredible! Can't wait to see the video and hear about all the decisions that were made! You guys be safe and remember that you are in our prayers as well as the people you all are sharing with. Peace out.

aliza troutman said...

just wanted to let you guys know that i am praying for your trip and for a safe return. please continue to spread the word of God.

skirkland said...

Just found out today that there was a website to follow you guys, leave it to RJ not to tell me! By the way has he changed his clothes at all since he got off the airplane? You guys are truely inspiring, the work your doing to reach lost souls. RJ said he is really enjoying himself, what a way to come back from Jamaica! Your in my prayers and many others. Be Safe!
Love,
Sarah